7 curiosities about the particular history of Ibanez guitarsAbout
Guitars took care of to the detail that takes with them a more than curious history that attracts us and forces us to tell it to all of you our followers.
Current Ibanez there is the history of a plagiarism to a family of Valencian creators, a cutting-edge evolution and the conquest of a market like the American at the right moment of the explosion of rock and heavy metal. These are seven curious moments that represent Ibanez’s timeline to this day.
7 curiosities that mark the history of Ibanez guitars
- The origin of the brand comes from the Spanish luthier Salvador Ibañez, but the brand does not start until 37 years after his death in Nagoya, Japan.
- The founder of Ibanez, the Japanese Hoshino Gakki, distributed the guitars of the Valencian luthier until the cessation of its activity by the Spanish economic recession of 1929.
- The shortage of the Japanese market pushed Hoshino to manufacture Spanish guitars on its own (copies of famous models) under the name Ibanez Salvador, a name that would later be shortened in today’s Ibanez.
- After a process of crossing complaints by rights, Ibanez began his way designing his models such as his mythical “Iceman” and the “Ibanez Roadstar”.
- The rise of rock in the middle of the 80′ led Ibanez guitars to stand out thanks to new more specialized guitars, risky and futuristic designs that joined a successful policy of representation of great guitarists who acted as prescribers.
- Their approach to heavy metal came when these new designs, which included colourful finishes, thinner necks, and flatter tuning forks (which allowed them to play more quickly), led to increasing popularity with musicians of that musical style.
- Today Ibanez is one of the top five brands in terms of turnover and public awareness in the world.
The artists who have represented Ibanez
His first “allies” in the North American market in full flight were beasts like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Phil Collen, Paul Stanley, John Petrucci or Sting.
Later other more current beasts were added such as Noodles (The Offspring), Sam Totman, Herman Li (both from Dragonforce), Munky (Korn), Daron Malakian (System of a Down), Dino Cazares (Fear Factory) and Mick Thompson (Slipknot-foto), Kiko Loureiro (Angra/Megadeth), Andy Timmons among others, making special models, or signatures, for many of these mastodons.
Written by Michael Adams
Our experts have made several lists with descriptions of musical instruments and told a lot of secrets from the world of music. Don’t make the same mistakes as others when tuning your guitar and follow our useful tips.
- List of tools needed to adjust your guitarJuly 21, 2019
- How does each type of wood affect the sound of a guitar?July 19, 2019
- Benefits of Knowing how to Play Guitar 2019 – [Change Your Life]July 12, 2019
- The best Mini Amplifiers on the marketJuly 6, 2019
- How to repair small damage or splinters on a guitarJuly 1, 2019